Gain a practical, how-to overview of the entire training function. Through modeling of the best practices and latest techniques in training delivery, discover the 4Ps of training: Purpose & Assessment, Planning & Preparation, Presentation & Facilitation, and Performance & Evaluation. New trainers will gain a strong foundation in critical training skills and seasoned trainers will be introduced to new approaches for delivering powerful training.The ATD Training Certificate content is practical and grounded in the real world, not just academic theory. This program focuses on what happens before, during, and after you deliver training, and what to do if training is not the right solution. With input from ATD’s Competency Study, we identified the competencies required by the most successful practitioners. The Training Certificate Program is aligned with the Training Delivery Area of Expertise in the ATD Competency Model.
Learner feedback indicates high value in the following areas: student engagement, expert facilitation, and applicable tools and techniques.
Why You Should Attend:
What to Expect:
- Learn the basics of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology.
- Gain a foundation in conducting a needs assessment, developing learning objectives, and evaluating the impact of your training initiatives.
- Learn and apply effective training techniques for managing participants, engaging a variety of learning styles, creating an effective positive learning environment, and managing classroom challenges.
- Develop engaging training solutions that are learner-centered.
- Pre-Work: Complete a self-assessment and read an industry article titled, "Do's and Don'ts for the New Trainer."
- Homework: You may find it necessary to do some preparation for your skills practice outside of the classroom.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
This program takes place October 26-28, 2016. The workshop begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. each day.
Support ATD-LA with your registration.
Use ChIP code “CH8028” when you register for this course.