Earlybird rates expire February 17, 2017
Use this page to register for the
2-Day Designing Training Course
Developed for participants new to instructional design or for those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set, this is the complete workshop for designing outcome-based training. The program content is based on key knowledge and actions defined by the ATD Competency Model Area of Expertise for Instructional Design. You will leave knowing how to design a complete program that aligns with your business goals, including participant guides, instructor guides, and other materials. In addition, you will have an opportunity to work on the design and development of your own training program throughout the workshop.
What you'll get from the course:
- Gain a strong foundation in the needs analysis process to ensure your training initiatives are aligned with organization goals.
- Develop engaging instructional events that take human memory and learning processes into account.
- Create participant guides and supporting materials using templates provided in the workshop.
- Ensure your training has the impact you and your organization expect.
Who should attend? This course is designed for practitioners new to the field of instructional system design, or those wanting to apply the latest best practices to their course designs. Participation in the ATD Facilitation Skills certification is not a prerequisite.
Day 1: Training Design
- Needs assessment
- Writing learning objectives
- Developing course content
- Evaluating training effectiveness
- Skills practice
Day 2: Training Development
Meet Your Master Instructor
- Project management tools
- Creating participant guides
- Slide design
- Developing videos
- Skills practice
Ann Kwinn, Ph.D.
Ann Kwinn, Ph.D. is an expert in Instructional Design and currently serves as the Director of Instructional Strategy for Azusa Pacific University. Ann specializes in course design and digital pedagogy, including blended and online courses. Ann helped develop Bellevue University’s M.S. in Instructional Design and Development program; was vice president of interactive learning for CallSource; director of elearning for Clark Training & Consulting; and co-wrote the book The New Virtual Classroom with Ruth Clark.
We know trainers sometimes have trouble scheduling professional development for themselves in advance, and as such tend to register the week before the event. However, if you know you want to attend this workshop, we ask that you do so, or we risk cancellation of this event due to low enrollment.
- It is strongly recommended to use a laptop computer for this course. Using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
- Registration includes class materials, morning coffee, lunch and afternoon refreshments.
- Participants must attend both Designing Training dates; prorates or refunds are not offered if participant misses any dates within the course.
- Parking is free or subject to the venue availability
Want to attend, but need to ask your boss for permission/budget? Customize this template.
Space is limited to 25 participants.
Pre-registration and payment are required. No walk ins.
Download the Flyer: Click Here
Designing Training (14 PDCs) Code: 17-2019Y