Did you know that research shows....
- Wednesday morning is the best time to post content on LinkedIn?
- 70% of employers use social networking sites to research candidates?
- 82% of people are more likely to trust a company whose leadership team engages with social media?
Successful talent development professionals can boost their careers, profession and organizations by tapping into social media to share valuable information with stakeholders. They build strong relationships with internal and external clients.
In this interactive session, you will learn the:
- data behind why everyone needs a social media strategy for their career
- power of a personal brand and how to establish your own brand
- steps to create a social media plan tailored for your professional goals
- actions to enhance your LinkedIn profile, build your network, and share relevant and valuable content that gets you and your organization noticed
Bring your smartphone with the LinkedIn app downloaded and ready to go. We will do real-time exercises to:
- Tell your story in a keyword-saturated profile headline that makes you more discoverable
- Claim your personalized LinkedIn URL to enhance your professionalism
- Post content that highlights you, your colleagues, and your organization.
About Your Presenter
Caroline Leach helps people and organizations tell their stories. As a Fortune 100 Vice President of Corporate Communications and Marketing for a dozen years at DIRECTV and AT&T, she founded The Carrelle Company to provide digital branding for people to grow their careers through social media.
Caroline is the author of What Successful People Do in Social Media: A Short Guide to Boosting Your Career. She gave a TEDx talk about how social media can make you a lifelong learner and teaches at the Social Media B.A. program at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
Previously at AT&T, a $160-billion tech, media and telecom company, she led a marketing analytics team that provided insights on advertising effectiveness, brand health, and corporate communications. To develop future-ready marketing leaders, she spearheaded the creation of the first Marketing Leadership Development Program in partnership with HR and the award-winning AT&T University.
Caroline has an M.A. in Communications Management from the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism and a B.A. in economics from UCLA.
Added bonus: Caroline will have her book available for purchase and autographing. Payment types: cash, check and credit card.
ATD Competencies Covered by Presentation: Learning Technologies, Industry Knowledge, Technology Literacy
6:30pm-7pm Registration, Networking and Dinner
7pm-8:30pm Program (all programs begin promptly at 7pm)
8:30pm-9pm Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, boxed sandwich dinners will be available for all attendees! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: University of Southern California, Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room TCC 450, 3607 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Parking: $12 at any of these structures
- Downey Way Structure, 3667 McClintock Ave. Los Angeles 90089 (Use the entrance from Vermont)
- Gate 3, USC McCarthy Way Structure 3499 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089,
- USC Hotel (Radisson) 3540 S. Figuero St., Los Angeles 90089, or
- Gate 4, USC Royal Structure, 672-698 W Jefferson Blvd South Los Angeles.
Please allow 5-10 minutes to walk to the meeting room. Please tell the gate attendant you are attending an event at USC.
USC is Metrolink friendly and it is also a 5 to 10 minute walk to the meeting room.
Pre-Registration Suggested: Cutoff to register with dinner is Monday, August 12.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.