Per the terms of the chapter bylaws, we call for your self-nomination to join the Board of Directors.
You will be nominating an ATD-LA Board Member for a two year term that begins in January. Ballots will be distributed in September.
The ATD-LA Board is a very diverse group and values the thoughts and skills of everyone. Our volunteers and board give their time pro bono (not paid). We coordinate the tasks for several learning programs, chapter meetings and membership related projects.
Board Member Benefits
• A seat on the board of an award winning top tier chapter in the world
• Discounted ATD National Membership savings of over $220
• Discounted chapter membership savings of $35 for renewals and $75 for new members
• Eligibility to receive a Mira Gold award toward professional development for new board members value $500 (only applicable until 2024)
• Complimentary meals at leadership planning meetings held bi-annually, value $50-$75
• Eligibility to attend the ALC chapter leader conference value $175 for virtual conferences and $1200 for in-person conferences
• Complimentary attendance at the Gamification Workshop when offered, value $250
• Mentoring and support from experienced board members
• Opportunities to network among top talent development professionals
• Opportunity to enhance leadership skills
• Prestige of industry recognition
Board members are required to maintain membership in the following during their term:
• The Association for Talent Development (td.org), a global nonprofit membership association; and
• The Association for Talent Development, Los Angeles Chapter (atdla.org), a local nonprofit membership association serving Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties.
Code of Ethics & Code of Conduct
All board members are required to abide by a Membership Code of Conduct (https://www.atdla.org/Eligibility) and Board Member Code of Conduct (https://www.atdla.org/resources/Documents/ATD-LA%20Very%20Final%20Code%20of%20Conduct.pdf). Please review both these sections in their entirety before proceeding to the next section.
You can nominate yourself or another person for as many positions as you wish by using this form.
The open positions for the 2022 ATD-LA Board of Directors are:
- President Elect
- Director of Chapter Meetings
- Director of Membership
Visit www.atdla.org/page-1819156 for position descriptions.
Please submit your Nomination Form before the deadline of August 20, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Click Here to Nominate